New Android App
The Honeywell Total Connect® team has been working hard since January on the development of our new Android app, releasing a new feature each month. Our open beta program has allowed users to participate in development, preview the Android enhancements, engage in our feature set advances firsthand and provide feedback. Be on the lookout in the Google Play Store for our final release and be sure to update the app. At that time, the Android beta app becomes the official Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 Android app. The blue TC app icon will be replaced with the new Red TC app icon.
Android Password Update
With our final beta release, the Android Beta App now becomes the official Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 Android app, replacing the legacy app version in the Google Play Store. When users update their app, the user must enter their username and password upon first login. This is necessary because login credentials will not be remembered from previous sessions since the beta version now becomes our brand new Android app. If the user forgets their username and/or password, they will have to follow the “PROBLEMS SIGNING IN” link on the app login credentials page. The user will have options for “Forgot your username” and “Forgot your password,” which helps guide them through the resetting process.
Released Features for Beta App
Throughout the year a number of features were released each month:
- Security, events and account settings
- Push notifications
- Geofencing arming reminders
- User management
- Skybell compatibility
- Control of Z-Wave® devices
- Ability to schedule Z-Wave devices
- Ability to set up event notifications
- Lyric Round Thermostat (Integrated with a Lyric™Panel System)
- Video Module: Thumbnail screens for both Next Generation HD and IP legacy Honeywell Total Connect Cameras
- Video Module: Ability to control Next Generation HD and IP legacy Honeywell Total Connect Cameras
- GPS Tracking Services*
- Create and set scenes
- Automated prompt to rate the app
Keep Checking the Google Play Store
Please keep checking for app updates for our new Android app and update the app.
Again, keep checking for app updates for the New Android app.
*Available in USA